Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beth Moore: Breaking Free



March 8, 2010

Beth Moore’s 3rd day: 2 Peter 1:3-11> (NIV) As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive His own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, He has given us all of His rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in His divine nature. So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at the least, very short sighted. They have already forgotten that God cleansed them from their old life of sin. So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away. And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” Hallelujah!!!

Ephesians 3:14-21> Statements of God’s love

*1. To be rooted and established in God’s love

*2. To have the power to grasp the colossal love of Christ.

*3. To know Christ’s love that surpasses knowledge.

*4. To be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

“To live victoriously; every day we must learn to pour out our hearts to God, confess sin daily, acknowledge every hollow place, and invite Him to fill us fully! Then we need to continue to fan the flame of His love by reading scripture, listening to edifying music, and praying often. We also need to avoid things that obviously quench His Spirit………If we’re not experiencing satisfaction, a hindrance exists and we want to identify it and ask God to remove it. Ordinarily, the primary hindrance to satisfaction in our lives is refusing Him access to our empty places.” Father God, I praise and thank You for Your promises to me of Your everlasting love and faithfulness! I, today, lay face down before You, humbled by Your divine power that You have given me access to living a godly life. I praise & thank You for Your promise to escape the decline, decay and self-indulgence caused by evil desires and that I will share in Your divine nature. I praise You & give thanks to You that my faith this day will produce a life of moral excellence which leads me to knowing You better, which leads me to self-control, which leads me to patient endurance, which leads me to godliness, which leads me to love other Christians and then finally grow in having genuine love for everyone. I choose this day Father to develop these virtues to become productive and useful in my knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ; remembering that You have cleansed me from my old life of sin and called and chosen me to be with You forever in Your eternal Kingdom. In Jesus mighty everlasting Name, Amen


March 4th
As Beth said in this 1st day study: Oh God- Awake our souls to see-- You are what we want, not just what we need. Yes, our life's protection, but also our heart's affection. Our soul's salvation, but also our heart's exhilaration. Unfailing love. A love that will not let me go!


No comments:

Post a Comment