Our Banquet table that God has prepared for us will be way more gorgeous and awesome than the one I made for our Bible study group when doing the Breaking Free series by Beth Moore. LOL
I have been reading the Prayer of Jabez (written by Bruce Wilkenson) and know that most of you probably have long ago read it and pray it. This is my paraphrase of what Bruce Wilkenson has already written and shares with us all. It is my prayer along with Bruce Wilkenson, that we all come in agreement to pray this for God's glory to bring all to him in these last days.
Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. *(I Chronicles 4:9-10)
- Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
- and enlarge my territory,
- that Your hand would be with me,
- and that You would keep me from evil.
1. Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your Name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven! Bless us all indeed spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, financially and relationally.
2. O God and King, please expand our opportunities and our impact in such a way that we touch more lives for Your glory. Let us do more for You! Instead of being bound and chained with the thinkings of our abilities + our experiences + our training + our personalities and appearance + our past + the expectations of others = equaling our normal human assigned territory; open us up to You Lord who specializes in working through normal people who believe in a super-normal God who will do His work through them. Let our willingness and weakness + Your will and supernatural power determine our expanding territory!!!
Thank You Father, that even though it is a frightening and utterly exhilarating truth that as Your chosen, blessed sons and daughters, we are expected to attempt something large enough that failure is guaranteed… unless You step in!!! This truth goes against everything we would humanly choose>
1. It goes against common sense,
2. It contradicts our previous life experience.
3. It seems to disregard our feelings, training and need for security.
4. It sets us up to look like a fool and a loser.
But it is Your plan for your most- honored beloved sons, daughters and servants.
3. Just as Paul wrote In 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, “Not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant.” As we each go through our individual journeys, we ask You, Father, “please do this in me because I cannot do it alone! It’s too big for me!” and then we believe that as we step out in faith to do and say things that could only come from Your hand; our spirit will be shouting, “God did that, nobody else! God carried me, gave me the words, gave me the power—and it is wonderful!”
Thank You Father, that according to 2Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.”; and that You are watching and waiting for us to ask for the supernatural power that only You can give for the inexplicable, Spirit-enabled exploits that You have in store for us for Your Glory! Thank You Father, that by Your touch, we can experience supernatural enthusiasm, boldness, and power; which is just another way of saying that we are completely dependent upon You!
4. Oh Lord, keep us from making the mistakes we are most prone to when temptation comes. We confess that what we think is necessary, smart, or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping on sin. So please, keep evil far from us! Lord, keep us safe from the pain and grief that sin brings. For the dangers that we cannot see, or the ones that we think we can risk because of our varied experiences (pride and carelessness), put up a supernatural barrier. Protect us, Father, by Your mighty power! Take our feelings that would be a powerful pull of what feels right to us but in actuality, is wrong. Lord, keep us safe from temptations that pull at our emotions and our physical needs, that call out to our sense of what we deserve, what we have the “right” to feel and enjoy. Because You are the true source of all that is really life, direct our steps away from all that is not of You.
LORD, IT IS YOUR WILL THAT WE SEEK THIS BLESSING FOR COUNTLESS MEN, WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES! WE KNOW THAT IT IS YOUR DEEPEST DESIRE TO TAKE MORE GROUND FOR THE KINGDOM IN THIS GENERATION, IN THIS ERA OF HISTORY, WITHIN NOT ONLY OUR SURROUNDING AREA, BUT THE WORLD! AND WE THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO. FATHER, IT IS YOUR PROFOUND AND IMMOVABLE PURPOSE THAT YOUR HOLY SPIRIT BE HERE—IS HERE NOW IN OUR MIDST--- MOVING ALREADY THROUGH THE MEN, WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES. YOU HAVE COME HERE TO WORK IN A SUPERNATURAL DIMENSION THAT EVEN WE CAN BARELY COMPREHEND, BUT WHICH WE EARNESTLY ANTICIPATE. AND AT YOUR NAME, LORD JESUS, EVERY OTHER POWER ON EARTH MUST BOW OR FLEE! Colossians 2:13,15 God has made you alive together with (Christ) and that having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in (the cross). (paraphrased)
In Jesus Mighty, Holy, Wonderful name, Amen